Old 12-08-2013, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default OT Political correctness gone mad

On 12/08/2013 10:32, Sacha wrote:

My brief experience of the Netherlands was when I lived in Belgium for
a while. Everyone I encountered seemed to speak excellent English and
French!

Ihe best thing to do in Belgium is to speak English to save offending
the Flemmings or Walloons by speaking the wrong language. Of course in
restaurants and bars the universal sign language is well understood.
Making a book sign for "could I please have a menu?" and writing on
hand for "the bill please."
--
Phil Cook