Old 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Plant ID Please

In article ,
says...

On 12/08/2013 16:03, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

Sorry for the (lack of) quality of this image
http://a360.co/19YYRiU.

The plant is self seeded to the left of a currant bush.
The first 12-18" is a vertical stem with horizontal pointed leaves.
Above this, multiple stems splay out and are topped atm with what look
like tightly bound green buds about 1/2" diameter.

I was intrigued by the initial vertical stem, so let it continue growing
in the (mainly) vegetable plot.

Anyone put a name to this please?

We do put mixed bird seed out, but I would be surprised if that was the
source.

Thanks

Phil

Definitely an Euphorbia. Euphorbia lathyris maybe?

If you pull it up or cut it, be careful of the milky white sap, it's a
skin irritant which can cause longterm photosensitivity . The common
name is caper spurge but the caper-like seeds are not edible.

Janet