Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default ping David Poole

On 2013-08-12 18:54:17 +0100, Dave Poole said:

I think I also brought over a new sp. of rhizomatous Begonia currently
unidentified and listed as Begonia sp. U614. Cally Gardens are calling
it B. sikkimensis, but it is definitely not that sp. The leaves are
deeply incised and mainly silver with a very prominent maroon edge. It
is quite hardy here and makes a fine clump in light shade.

Thanks, David. I'll pass that on, too. You are more than generous with
your plants and we appreciate it very much. Some friends came in from
Norfolk today who are keen and knowledgeable gardeners who used to live
down here but ended up chicken farming in Norfolk, selling up and
retiring very comfortably on the proceeds so as to make what sounds
like a terrific garden. They brought Ray a few goodies including a
Dahlia merckii and one or two other things I haven't examined closely
yet! She mentioned something she's going to send us which sounded like
Onensis spinosa (she couldn't remember the name clearly) Does that ring
any bells with you?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com