Old 13-08-2013, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Alliums

Sacha wrote:

Globemaster did well for us here for several years, probably about 4 or
5. They were planted in considerable numbers and always caused a lot of
interest and admiration. After that period though, they started to
lose vigour and produced smaller, though still very lovely heads and
were re-planted in containers for this year.

It was suggested to me by a grower that Alliums retain their
vigour better if dead-headed. Whilst I can see the logic, it
seems a waste, since the long-lasting seed heads are part of the
attraction.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK