Old 13-08-2013, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default HUGE Caterpillar! ID ?

On 2013-08-13 10:50:48 +0100, David in Normandy said:

Just found a huge caterpillar while harvesting some potatoes.
Never seen one this big in my life. Anyone recognise it or know what
butterfly or moth variety it belongs to?

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/uyq...illar.jpg.html

Normally I kill caterpillars but didn't have the heart to kill this
magnificent beast despite it scoffing my potato foliage; so I released
it elsewhere in the garden.

What a gorgeous creature! The trouble is it may die if it can't eat the
right food. Try emailing the photo to Le Paradis Tropical in Honfleur,
perhaps?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com