Old 13-08-2013, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
passerby passerby is offline

Default Can this quince tree be saved?

replying to Pat Kiewicz , passerby wrote:
pkiewicz wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/kshht5k
A quick search turned up Juniper, hawthorn, apple and crabapple cultivars
with resistence, but no mention of quince.

Pat, Steve, thank you for your comments! Yeah, the tree's gotta go. It's a
real shame but you are absolutely right, no good reason to swim against
the current: we have pretty much every species you've mentioned (not sure
what photinia is tho) either in the wild (seem healthy) or planted around
the development (many are infected), so my chances to kill the spores
locally are slim to none. Perhaps a cherry in this spot will be more
resilient (I'd love to have a tree that bears fruit there).

Thanks again!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/garden/...ed-104890-.htm