Old 13-08-2013, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Echinacea

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

Can anyone give me the "proper" name for an Echinacea that has a
flower about 100mm diameter Brownish centre with petals that are
purple at the centre turning to orange/yellow at the tips. I saw this
at the National Botanic Gardens near Cross Hands in South Wales.

Maybe I could get one or two plants or seeds.

Thanks for ay help.

Bill

Try taking a look at E. Green Envy on Google.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Hi Sacha, the picture is the general appearance of the flower, but in
life it might well look a bit different, I shall have to have another
look, but I'm not /that/keen on paying £7 for the experience:-)

If I do I will make sure I get the name on the tag and maybe a photo .

Thanks for your reply.

Bill

Photos can produce a lot of colour variation and of course, so can soil
types. I don't know who's selling it but I do recall seeing its photo on
(maybe) Twitter and it was much admired. I can't think of another that
does quite what you describe but if you do find one, please let us know
its name.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Now that I'm intrigued I must go back and have a look :-)

Bill