Old 15-08-2013, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Query for David Hill

On 15/08/2013 12:25, Sacha wrote:
David, do you know of a Dahlia called North Star and if so, is it
scented and do you have it? I think it was bred by JRG Dahlias in
Cumbria. I've noticed this year that our Dahlias all seem to be doing
quite well (not all came from you!) but the only one that has failed to
show up is D Blackcurrant Ripple. Twining's After Eight is flowering
exceptionally well.

There are 3 Dahlias going under the Name North Star,
North Star II Medium Cactus White. 1952
nds53
North Star I Small Ball Purple.
1840 gw
North Star III Star White.
2006 As you thought it was raised by Jack Gott at Jrg
dahlias.It seems as if it may be scented.
No, I don't have it but have a few seedlings looking rather like it.
I am finding that the tree dahlias and their offspring are doing well
but the others which I am growing in plunged pots this year are mixed,
they didn't like the heatwave.and this rain the last couple of days has
brought out the slugs.
David @ the damp part of Swansea Bay