Old 16-08-2013, 03:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Billhook

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:01:02 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:18:35 +0200, Martin wrote:

You snipped the bit where she called it a splasher? Why?

Brain read what it wanted to read not what was there... that is I
didn't spot the typo.

OK I was correcting her typo/mistake.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

I didn't do a typo. Here in my small part of Leicestershire that tool I
described, kind of a billhook but with a blade on the back of it is called
a hedge splasher. with a P. don't ask me why, it's just so.
I just need to find a wooden handle for it as my friend is confident she can
fit one to it.

If I can't I can still use it by wrapping the handle in foam from my slingie
thingie I got in hospital; and on top of that, duct tape.
It's so amazingly sharp now that I am almost afraid of it.