Old 16-08-2013, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
leslie leslie is offline

Default disaster not quite

Hello
My dreadful year has just brightened a little in the veg plot
Weeds up to my waist biting and stinging and most crops flattened
However I found broad beans aplenty on the ground with the runner
Beans just trying again I just left them laying and have picked more
than enough for several days with many on the way
Potatoes no blight and with lovely tubers , kale also good and Chinese
Cabbage looks superb but full of nasties

Tomatoes in and out of the glass house ruined , my carelessness
Cucumbers ditto apart From free seed telegraph which hasn't
Shown any male flowers thank goodness but lots of good fruit

I had gone into the allotment to tidy up a little and did not expect to
Find an harvest as the plants etc. have lain for several weeks