Old 17-08-2013, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Ultimate lawn owner?

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2013-08-17 16:32:00 +0100, David Rance said:

In message , Sacha
writes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-immaculate-g
arden-Pensioner-spends-30-HOURS-A-WEEK-tending-lawn-cut-exactly-5mm.html

Reminds me of the Bullitt-Finches in "Blott on the Landscape" by Tom
Sharpe. You'll have to read the book to find out what happened to
them!

We're strange people, we humans. I don't like that garden. It's
over-tweaked, manicured, tidied and perfect to a point that depresses
me. I like gardens to be quite a bit less groomed than that - which is
probably just as well!

Same here. I think that chap would have a heart attack if he were to see
my meadow. Half of it hasn't been cut yet this year! Mind you, that
wasn't laziness, it was due to the fact that, whenever we came over
earlier in the year, it was raining. However, it'll have to be done this
visit (which is, thankfully, a long one) otherwise I'll never be able to
harvest my cider apples later.

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France