Old 18-08-2013, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ultimate lawn owner?

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2013-08-17 16:32:00 +0100, David Rance said:

In message , Sacha
writes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...1/Is-Britains-

immaculate-g
arden-Pensioner-spends-30-HOURS-A-WEEK-tending-lawn-cut-

exactly-5mm.html

Reminds me of the Bullitt-Finches in "Blott on the Landscape" by Tom
Sharpe. You'll have to read the book to find out what happened to them!

We're strange people, we humans. I don't like that garden. It's
over-tweaked, manicured, tidied and perfect to a point that depresses
me. I like gardens to be quite a bit less groomed than that - which is
probably just as well!

Same here. I think that chap would have a heart attack if he were to see
my meadow.

I agree heartily with you both. Gardens like this are fun to look at for
a minute, but there's something about it that reminds me of a cousin who
follows you through the kitchen, wiping after your footsteps with a damp
cloth. Even when your feet are clean and dry; very OCD.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy