Old 19-08-2013, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hose drums

On 19/08/2013 08:37, Hugh Newbury wrote:
I'm fed up with struggling with the hose. I'm sure it kinks to resist my
watering. Do any of you use drums on wheels to store your hoses? If so
which ones are best?

I fitted one of these a couple of months ago (I already had a 20m hose):
http://www.screwfix.com/p/wall-mount...capacity/78496

Despite the earlier reviews, it seems OK. The main problem I have found
is that now and again the hose catches on the nut holding the handle
when I pull it to unwind. A domed nut should solve that problem.

All plastic hoses will eventually kink unless they have a spring-type
liner (like those used on showers). Some are more resistant than
others, but they will weaken with use.

--

Jeff