Old 20-08-2013, 03:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] williammwill@aol.com is offline

Default Has anyone done a container garden using garbage bags and laundry baskets?

Container gardening and bag gardens are getting really popular nowadays. www.gardenbags.net
On Tuesday, May 28, 2002 8:40:05 PM UTC+1, MrsBuffer wrote:
My backyard is really lousy with rocks and stuff, so instead of
messing with the lousy dirt I am considering buying some cheap laundry
baskets, lining them with black plastic garbage bags, punching a few
holes in them for drainage and filling them with fortified potting
soil (on sale at Home Depot for $2.97/50 lb bag.

Tomatoes will go in two baskets, and potatoes in the other.

How many potatoes can I grow in this bag (I figure the large lawn/leaf
bag)?

Any hints?

Thanks,
Marita