Old 26-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Brian Watson

Default Pond fountain

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Fenny" wrote in message ...
I have a problem with the pump on my garden pond fountain. It keeps

getting
clogged with small insects, leaves and other small debris.

THere should be a filter on the inlet of the pump. Do you still have
the instructions?

Try tying the end of a pair of tights over the end of the inlet to stop
it sucking things up. Clean as necessary.
--

That would work for a bit but normally those pumps have a small foam

filter
attached to the inlet that has to be taken off and cleaned every now and
then. If the water has lots of detritus in it then perhaps it's time to
clean out and refill the sump too.

....and you might have to re-site it to minimise the leaves and other debris.

Not easy when you have already got the pond and the options for re-siting
the fountain within the pond may not be very great.

--
Brian
"posting from Sutton, Winner of the English and Welsh Village of the Year