Old 21-08-2013, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default cucumber ideas? I got one tomato this summer, at least it was agood one

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:52:09 AM UTC-7, Gus wrote:
I got a prize tomato the other day. Was afraid the squirrel would get it

but it was kind of hidden and it did not get it and I tempted fate and

let it ripen on the vine. I do find a tomato remnant now and then from

the squirrel, but there are still some more forming getting close to

full grown. Hopefully, I will get a few more... Cucumber plant is going

insane. I have three in the fridge and there are a bunch more coming due

soon. Other than salads and slices on sandwiches, I don't know what to

do with them all. I like them as slices for a snack once in a while. I

used to do that at work. Good with some salsa and/or hummus on them.

Send them here! My seed-sowed cukes never made it beyond baby leaves. Why?!
I took good care of them. They wouldn't have germinated if the seed wasn't viable - would they??!!

I now have a few store-bot cuke plants going, but with our lousy "summer" -- frequent heavy overcast here near the beach -- who knows??

Only cukes I really like to eat are the small "pickling" ones. The big watery ones don't do much for me. Perhaps I should heed the advice to cut lengthwise and scoop out the seeds before serving?

I stopped buying the "Persian cucumbers" sold in six-packs because the last few go bad before I get around to them.

HB