Old 21-08-2013, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default cucumber ideas? I got one tomato this summer, at least it was a good one

Gus wrote:
I got a prize tomato the other day. Was afraid the squirrel would get
it but it was kind of hidden and it did not get it and I tempted fate
and let it ripen on the vine. I do find a tomato remnant now and then
from the squirrel, but there are still some more forming getting
close to full grown. Hopefully, I will get a few more... Cucumber
plant is going insane. I have three in the fridge and there are a
bunch more coming due soon. Other than salads and slices on
sandwiches, I don't know what to do with them all. I like them as
slices for a snack once in a while. I used to do that at work. Good
with some salsa and/or hummus on them.

You can make a nice sweet pickled cucumber slices with little trouble, it
keeps for ages and is good on sandwichwes, with antipasto etc. If you are
interested I will find the recipe.

David