Old 21-08-2013, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Baker Steve Baker is offline

Default cucumber ideas? I got one tomato this summer, at least it was a good one

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:52:09 -0400, "Gus"
wrote:

Other than salads and slices on sandwiches, I don't know what to
do with them all.

Norwegian Cucumber Salad (Agurksalat)

Use smallish cukes, maybe 50% larger than pickling size. Peel strips
of skin leaving about 1/3 of the skin. Score lightly lengthwise with a
fork. It lets in dressing with thickish slices, and looks pretty in
any case. Slice very thinly... I use the food processor. Cover with
dressing made in these proportions and refrigerate for a bit.

3 cukes
1 smallish medium onion sliced *very* thinly

Dressing
2/3 cup white vinegar
2/3 cup cold water
4 tablespoons granulated sugar