Old 25-08-2013, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Picking (Bell) Peppers

Have gorgeous orange/yellow Bell peppers ripening. I want to pick them at peak of perfection. I tug at them lightly every day, but they hold tight.

Is that when one is "supposed" to pick peppers -- when they come away from the plant?

This site:

http://www.homegrown-peppers.com/gro...-pick-peppers/

has a different opinion, but writer does state that she picks earlier because of humid climate.

Mine is dry. Mediterranean. So.Calif coastal.

This site:

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/p...024032752.html

has more comprehensive information, but most is devoted to hot peppers. Just a few paragraphs on sweet peppers.

Would value input from people who either have that kind of climate, or have experience/information about when I should pick.

Awaiting your real life input tensely. I don't want to miss magic moment.
BIG peppers bright yellow. Are they going to turn RED?

HB