Old 26-08-2013, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Picking (Bell) Peppers

Higgs Boson wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

So, thanks y'all. It's a little late, even here, to start from seed,
but next year, if I'm spared, I'll plant a whole row.

Peppers grow well in So Cal... peppers like hot weather and you have a
long growing season. You just need to decide what to do with a huge
crop.

My late mother used to make dynamite Hungarian stuffed peppers. (Wipes mouth)

I like stuffed peppers, make sure you have enough freezer space for a
large crop. I cut peppers in strips and lightly saute and freeze them
in zip-loc bags, takes little freezer space and are very good in many
recipes, I like them piled on burgers and other hot sandwiches
(meatballs/sausages), and great with eggs.... can fry them with onions
too. Roasted red peppers are good for pickling.
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/...e-proficiency/

I do a lot of pickled veggies, yesterday I put up cukes (fermented).