Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Dwart Washington Navel orange - biennial?

Last year my beloved little tree finally bore TWELVE heavenly oranges - taste out of this world!

This year it has only TWO! Gardener thinks it's one year on, one year off.
But does he *know?*

Any experience out there? I tried a Web search, but the only thing I found was that it needs to be pollinated. Thanks a lot!

I guess those two new fruits got pollinated somehow; I didn't notice. Just found ONE new bloom.

So is it annual or biennial? If annual, what am I doing wrong? I'm giving it adequate food, water and She is giving it sunshine.

If biennial, why those 2-1/2 volunteers?

This is So. Calif coastal.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

HB