Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default White colour appears on the pot

Higgs Boson wrote:

I have a terrible habit of forgetting small tools, like [secaturs - Brit talk] [pruning shears - US talk]
after working in the garden. So they are out in the dew, get rusty; eventually I find them.

If I ever forgot small tools I can kiss them goodbye, just try
searching several acres. I carry small tools in a contractor's
bucket... I've been using one of these for many years, just grab it
from my shed whenever I do gardening chores:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...eSearchResults
Another good way to store small tools in a garden is in a rural
mailbox.

I fill a tall glass with vinegar and leave the wounded tool (opened) maybe overnight. Easy to clean off
next day and oil. And swear to never again.

Removing rust with acid pits the steel, you'd do better removing the
rust with fine emery cloth. However they do make stainless steel
pruning tools:
http://www.amazon.com/Florian-Tools-.../dp/B001PB3H3K