Old 08-09-2013, 06:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Source of microgreens seeds?

songbird wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:
The first thing our new Prime Minister will do will be to neuter any
action on climate change. And that is quite enough politics.

if you wait for the politicians in any country
at this point you are wasting time and probably
just looking for yet another reason to
procrastinate.

What a dopy argument. The amount that the individual can do alone is
completely trivial. Millions of people together can do something but before
you have that organised the pollies who opposed it would be out of office
anyway and the job is already done. A grass-roots movement might force
action on a government but the effect they can have instead of government
action is quite insufficient.
If you want to deal with climate change then elect a government that will
do it.

do what you can locally, find others to work
with who aren't obstructionists and pool
resources and efforts.

By all means, one has to lead by example if trying to bring about change but
don't fantasise that it will have any effect compared with (say) my local
port that exports hundreds of millions of tons of coal per year.