Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Drought threatens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
songbird wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:

It is now more than two months since I had any useful rain. It was
one of the warmest (if not the warmest) winters on record. We have
had hot days (30C) already and it is not two weeks into spring. Out
west on the plains they are wondering if there will be any
winter-planted crops. There were bushfires in Sydney this week.
The local fire burglars have been out, with the dust kicked up by
wind and the rising pollen count I have been almost house bound.
Not a good start. The BOM says ENSO indicators are neutral. We can
hope.

BOM (burro of meaterology? )

yes

good luck on the rains. we want all the
critters to be fat and happy in the pastures
down (or up ) there.

local fire burglars?

Those who set fires, either because they think it improves their pasture (it
doesn't) or for fun, or both.

we have similar types around here, but
the fire hazard is much less most of the
time.

at first i thought you were talking about
people who would set fires and then use that
as a distraction while they broke into houses.

songbird