Old 19-08-2013, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hose drums

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 08:37:31 +0100, Hugh Newbury wrote:

I'm fed up with struggling with the hose. I'm sure it kinks to resist my
watering. Do any of you use drums on wheels to store your hoses? If so
which ones are best?

How long a hose?

Up to 20 m or so just learn how to hand coil it properly. Longer is
probably best dealt with by "figure of eighting" it on the ground.
Kinks come from embedded twists in the hose, coiled properly or fig
of 8'd there are no embedded twists.

Couple of cable coiling videos to show the correct way to coil
things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqbYyaUY5Sk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLwwB29uQRg

--