Old 19-08-2013, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Mangetout Peas saving for seed

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

On 19/08/2013 20:21, Bertie Doe wrote:
I have left about 100 pods un-harvested, with a view to collecting seed,
as they're a bit pricey.

Should I leave the swollen pods to dry out in situ or should I shell
them and air-dry the peas? TIA.

Leave them.

I select my pods for seed through the season keeping the best, these I
spray blue using an Oasis flower spray paint bought from a local wholesale
florist.
This e bay link shows the colour range.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/16095...f13=80&ff14=83

Thanks David, I haven't heard of this method before. Are you saying that
paint spraying the pods, preserves the seed till the following Spring?