Old 20-08-2013, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT free lighting

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:21:19 +0100, David Hill wrote:

Well I have a large sectional concrete garage that has limited windows
and no way of adding more without major deconstruction work, It needs re
roofing so I may try to set s few of those into the new roof when I get
round to that job.

Reroofing with what? I'd look at onduline (corogated reinforced
bitumen sheeting) and use a few clear plastic sheets to let the light
in. If tiles, I think you can get matching glass ones.

Make the holes and reliably sealing around a pop bottle is not going
to be that easy.

Problem is the roof runs North to South, so should I put them all on the
East slope?

Is the west slope shaded by the house or something? I'd put them of
both sides a lot of light is scattered light and these things will
"collect" that as well as direct sunlight.

--
Cheers
Dave.