Old 20-08-2013, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Autumn fruiting raspberries

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:44:35 GMT, Baz wrote:

Ditto, but so what? Doesn't bother anyone?

Baz

If I appeared to multi-post, I'd appreciate being told. Usually the
cause is a simple blip somewhere but occasionally it can indicate a
comms problem and knowing would lead to me keeping an eye on things
just in case.

On a different topic, Baz, the Victoria plum put on lots of healthy
growth but no blossom and hence no plums. I netted it last year after
reading on the group that birds would go for the buds. Have you had
better luck?

The Braeburn apple and pear trees are going as neither is growing well
and yet again produced no blossom at all. Other apple trees blossomed
well but I think there were too few pollinators around at the right
time. The best performer (4 fruits) is an unnamed tree that came from
somewhere last year as a foot high freebie but is about a metre high
already!

--
Cheers, Jake