Old 20-08-2013, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Another wasps' nest!

In article ,
says...

I think that's the third this year, all on this property. I do hope we
haven't got any in neighbouring fields as well. One of the Nursery
staff helps on his family's farm and says that he was cutting hedges
the other day. He saw a cloud of wasps emerge as he was tidying up and
a very few yards further on, another cloud. Two seemed be using one
rabbit hole but had - presumably - made different nests in the warren.

I wish I could find the wasps nest near my garden! The
pests are eating all the soft fruit, just as it gets
ripe. Loganberries have all disappeared, raspberries
and blueberries are the current favourites.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales