Old 20-08-2013, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter & Jeanne Peter & Jeanne is offline

Default Mangetout Peas saving for seed

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message ...

If they sprout during a wet period, I suspect slugs and snails are the
culprits - rather than birds.

Following the urg guttering tip, I tried it for the 2012 season. I found
germination rates were low. Probably due to the shallow soil depth in
guttering. I may have let them dry out on a couple of occasions.

Drying out - fatal !

My carrots in a supermarket delivery basket trial is showing promise (:-)
About nine inches depth of growing medium and about fifty potential carrots
as I speak.

Pete