Old 20-08-2013, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Autumn fruiting raspberries

On 19/08/2013 11:39, echinosum wrote:

'Broadback[_3_ Wrote:
;990160']they are no match for my Summer ones, either in quantity or
quality. I wonder if I should have thinned out the canes during the
Summer, as it is a veritable jungle. If they are as poor next year I
will give up and remove them.

I have the opposite experience. Autumn raspberries are copious, large,
dark and worm free. They are grown on thin stony soil and I give them
nothing but the occasional scattering of wood ash, and water them only
in desperately dry conditions. You are supposed to replant raspberries
every 10 years or so, but I bought these about 25 years ago and have
never renewed them, even took some with me when I moved house. They did
even better in the clay-and-flints-and-utter-neglect of my previous
house.

I think you need to check your computer it's still sending out the same item