Old 28-02-2003, 05:03 PM
animaux

Default Ice plants

I grow this plant in my garden and I went out to clean it up the other day. I
removed all that dead matter you are talking about (which is normal by the way)
and to encourage it to grow again from the crown, I cut the plant back by at
least half. I expect to see fleshy leaves emerge as soon as night temps are
stable.

Remove the dead stuff, give it a good dose of fertilizer and it should be fine.
Yes, it's okay and encouraged to cut them back, IMO.

Victoria

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:53:48 -0600,
(JMH) wrote:

Hi,

I try to grow some outdoor plants in pots in my apartment for fun. One of
these is the Ice plant. Mine did quite well all year, but lately is either
growing funny, or siomething happened to it. Whereas origianlly all the
stems, etc. were nice thick green, now they are all brown and stiff, but have
new little thick green leaves growing on the ends. It is like the 'branches'
grew and the plant is extending.
This is not optimal in a pot... Is it OK to cut back ice plants?
Thanks

JMH