Old 22-08-2013, 01:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Another wasps' nest!

On 2013-08-20 18:02:56 +0100, Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote ...

I think that's the third this year, all on this property. I do hope we
haven't got any in neighbouring fields as well. One of the Nursery staff
helps on his family's farm and says that he was cutting hedges the other
day. He saw a cloud of wasps emerge as he was tidying up and a very few
yards further on, another cloud. Two seemed be using one rabbit hole but
had - presumably - made different nests in the warren.

Seems a very bad (or good!) year for Wasps.

We were warned it would be by the pes control man. I think there's
another yet because we've still got quite a few flying about.
--

I don't mind having a wasp's nest, as long it's down the garden a way. They
are so good as caterpillar predators when they are feeding young.

I kept hearing this humming noise when I was in my bathroom and thought
there must be a bee trapped in there so I left the window open for it to
escape. I kept hearing it but could never see one.
It was the noise from a white tailed bumble bee nest under my bargeboards
near the ventilation thingie for my shower.

They are always welcome.

Tina