Old 23-08-2013, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default End of summer?

On 23/08/2013 14:33, Sacha wrote:
Dozens of swallows are flying overhead. Then they're perching on the
phone wires and the ridge of the largest greenhouse. It's both a
beautiful and a sad sight! We rarely get many here at all, so this is
unusual for us. Today is cloudy and humid, so the flies and other
insects must be flying quite low, judging by the height the swallows
are feeding at.

And there's an old wives tale with some truth, when the Swallows fly low
rain is due, even the Met Office agrees with this.
Tonight and Tomorrow looks wet here in Beds, hope it clears by Saturday
evening as I am of to see an open air concert with Status Quo.

Barry