Old 23-08-2013, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Mystery butterfly

"Janet" wrote
mark
says...

I was in a garden centre in New Zealand and noticed some plants had lots
of
caterpillars which I dutifully reported to a member of staff. Apparently
they are sold like that so people can have exotic butterflies in their
own
greenhouses.

What a great idea!

When I was about 8, someone gave me a present of a collection of live
butterfly chrysalids (apprently you could buy them by post). I kept them
watched them hatch.. magical experience... and let them out in the
garden.

We bought the very same thing for a friends young daughter just a few years
ago.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.