Old 24-08-2013, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default End of summer?

In message , Emery Davis
writes

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:15:11 +0100, David Rance wrote:

In message , Martin
writes

I had to look up canicule.

Canicule - as in dog days.

Don't hear that expression much these days.

Hi David,

I expect Judith is a fluent franglais speaker, which would make the word
more common!

Are you down in France now? The nights are getting cold, and fall colours
are starting early in some of the maples. It will be mushroom season
soon...

Yes, we're in Normandy. We have a glut of plums (hasn't everyone?) and
I'm making plum relish every other evening. I forgot to bring my recipe
for plum chutney over which is a bit annoying! My wife can't face the
thought of more plum jam so what else can I do with them?

Going to have a good cider apple harvest this year, too.

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France