Old 24-08-2013, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Battery-powered hedge trimmers

On 8/24/2013 5:05 PM, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:33:57 -0400, S Viemeister wrote:
Some of us learn these things the hard way...I did survive, though.

Which bit half strangling yourself with a cable or cutting the cable?

Cutting the cable.

Anything mains powered outside should be fed via and RCD somewhere.
If you come into contact with mains it'll still hurt, if up a ladder
the jerk reaction might knock you off balance and you'll count half a
dozen cycles or so before it trips but that is far more preferable to
no RCD.

DAMHIKT...

Fortunately, I was not on a ladder at the time.