Old 25-08-2013, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Transplanting Raspberries

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message

Whilst clearing down the blackcurrants, I found
entwined several long (5ft+) summer fruiting raspberry
canes, spread away from my main row by aboy 4ft. As I
would like some more canes in the row, can I move
these as they are and expect them to fruit next year
or should I move and cut down in the autumn so they
will shhot next year for cropping the year after.

I prefer the former approach and may well try a couple
even if strongly advised against it!!!

This is a useful link to a video on pruning and removing canes. The first 8
minutes is worth watching:-
http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/t...-please.52722/
He's from California so Fallbearing is Primocane and Everbearing is
Florocane.

Your question was about moving plants rather than pruning. I move my plants
between November and March, providing there is no frost in the ground.