Old 25-08-2013, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Garden Design

Thanks for the latest info Derek.

Would add I like your multiple compost bins. We have two and that is not
enough when you garden a lot. The trouble is that our gardens do not permit
bigger bins, but what I have done is to store the ready compost in a 1 tonne
green builder bag. Also, as near as possible, everything goes through the
shredder, we have superb neighbours and even save them the trouble of taking
their stuff up the tip, we have their garden refuse for shredding. They are
not gardeners!!

As for shredders, I have a Bosch and it is superb. 3 spare blades which I
re-sharpen myself and never let them get too blunt.

Mike

"Derek" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 08:16:49 +0100, Derek
wrote:

After many years with a small garden

Thanks for so many replies, A little more info, and a rely to some
questions/

Not a new garden, size 100m by 15m south facing, overlooking fields at
far end, I will be having a Greenhouse veg plot. multiple compost
bins and a polytunnel. No children, No Gnomes, no Washing lines, no
Roses, and I plan to be there until I am chucked on the compost heap
(but hopefully that will be in thirty plus years, )

Veg plot and hard landscape I can sort out, but the flower beds, (lots
of grasses?) lawn and trees, I will take inspiration from books.

Thanks

PS Will be finding space for my 100+ varieties of fuchsia!