Old 25-08-2013, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden Design

"Derek" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 08:16:49 +0100, Derek
wrote:

After many years with a small garden

Thanks for so many replies, A little more info, and a rely to some
questions/

Not a new garden, size 100m by 15m south facing, overlooking fields at
far end, I will be having a Greenhouse veg plot. multiple compost
bins and a polytunnel. No children, No Gnomes, no Washing lines, no
Roses, and I plan to be there until I am chucked on the compost heap
(but hopefully that will be in thirty plus years, )

Veg plot and hard landscape I can sort out, but the flower beds, (lots
of grasses?) lawn and trees, I will take inspiration from books.

Thanks

PS Will be finding space for my 100+ varieties of fuchsia!

One suggestion for you, is to visit a couple of NGS open gardens in your
area each month of the year you are interested in your garden looking good
with a note book, and make a note of the plants looking good, especially
those plants that go over well.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs