Old 25-08-2013, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden Design

In article ,
Derek wrote:

Thanks for so many replies, A little more info, and a rely to some
questions/

Not a new garden, size 100m by 15m south facing, overlooking fields at
far end, I will be having a Greenhouse veg plot. multiple compost
bins and a polytunnel. No children, No Gnomes, no Washing lines, no
Roses, and I plan to be there until I am chucked on the compost heap
(but hopefully that will be in thirty plus years, )

For that size of garden, I do not recommend compost bins - they
are too small, unless you go for the industrial ones. With my
100 metre by 10 metre plot (i.e. including the house), I cycle
round c. 3 compost heaps, each a 4' cube. These are made up
of metal poles, old polytunnel plastic and pig wire (and I need
only two of them - the third heap is the one waiting to use.
I also use a Bosch 2200 quiet shredder.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.