Old 25-08-2013, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Battery-powered hedge trimmers

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:54:15 +0100, Spider wrote:

Yup - my grass trimmer (Aldi £29.99 iirc) works along the same

lines.
Battery fits nicely in pocket - does about 20mins on full charge.

The lightweight bonus sounds good, but I may need more than 20 mins
worth of charge at a time.

The recharge time is important unless you have two batteries.

If you get 20 mins run time and 20 mins recharge, that's a resonable
working period then a rest for coffee, whilst you both recharge. B-)

Trouble is a fast charge like that really needs a "clever" charger
that will monitor the battery and shut off when it is charged. Cheap
kit tends not to come with such clever chargers...

--
Cheers
Dave.