Old 25-08-2013, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Autumn fruiting raspberries

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:31:26 GMT, Baz wrote:

Victoria Conlan wrote in news:b7jihtFbq6eU2
:

Jake wrote:
On a different topic, Baz, the Victoria plum put on lots of healthy
growth but no blossom and hence no plums. I netted it last year after
reading on the group that birds would go for the buds. Have you had
better luck?

Back to Raspberries, someone mentioned smooth stems or spiny stems. I
went out to inspect my pot-grown Autumn ones; they have spiny stems.
I've just watched this morning's Beechgrove programme where they were
reporting on raspberries in polytunnels; summer fruiting? They said
that all new varieties are bred with no spines!

Pam in Bristol