Old 25-08-2013, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Birthday present for a lady gardener.

On 25/08/2013 18:25, Jake wrote:
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:04:18 GMT, Baz wrote:

I want to spend a good few quid on my partner's birthday to say a special
thanks for looking after me this last year or so, and while staying with
her promotion at work. It has not been easy for her.
So far I have come up with no ideas at all.

Baz

I'm a Philistine. I don't rate Felcos! Someone recently told me that
after 19 years he still had his original Felcos. He'd replaced bits
over time .... When we totted things up, the only 19 year old bit was
the nut and bolt pivot!

For something unusual, have a look through http://www.niwaki.com. Not
cheap at all but secateur-wise, the best pairs (I have two) I've ever
had. They have household as well as garden things.

But I guess that whatever money can buy, what she really wants is you.
And only you can find a way to give her that. Is there something she
always does (cooking's the easy one maybe) that, just for a day, you
can take over and surprise her with? If you're the worst cook in
creating but can rustle up a special beans on toast, she may well
appreciate the effort.

Reminds me of my grandfathers old axe he'd used it for almost 70 years,
it had had 5 new heads and 12 new handles.