Old 26-08-2013, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default End of summer?

In message , Emery Davis
writes

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 09:57:40 +0100, David Rance wrote:

We're planning a trip to Soligny-la-Trappe next Sunday and, if they
fulfil their promise and you would like some, we could drop some off on
our way through.

Thanks for the thought! That's very kind. We're fine on fruit for this
year though, I think Adele would murder me if I arranged more for her to
process. (Sadly we tend to fall into gender specific roles when it comes
to putting up fruit and power tools). I'm not sure we'll be here anyway,
the "rentre" is coming, our daughter is entering 1ere. Big stuff; thank
goodness for bilingual schools!

Not to worry! And I wish your daughter all the best for her new academic
year. Just had the GCSE results for my eldest granddaughter. Two A*,
seven A and one B. Gets a bit expensive when granddads pay for results!
But I don't begrudge it. She's a clever kid. We've promised her a meal
in Oxford when we get back - we're trying to get her to set her sights
on Oxford in a couple of years instead of a Dutch university (she's
thinking of Maastricht at the moment).

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France