Old 27-08-2013, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default End of summer?

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:31:29 +0100, David Rance wrote:

In message , Emery Davis
writes

stuff; thank goodness for bilingual schools!

Not to worry! And I wish your daughter all the best for her new academic
year. Just had the GCSE results for my eldest granddaughter. Two A*,
seven A and one B. Gets a bit expensive when granddads pay for results!
But I don't begrudge it. She's a clever kid. We've promised her a meal
in Oxford when we get back - we're trying to get her to set her sights
on Oxford in a couple of years instead of a Dutch university (she's
thinking of Maastricht at the moment).

David

Well done her! Fantastic results. I believe Maastricht is a very good
school, FWIW. (You probably know lots about it). Oxford is a different
kettle of fish... We have English GCSEs scores coming back too, I
think they get sent to the school here. And American SATs plus the
French and Latin BACs in the spring. Really all a bit much, I don't
think I would have survived it. Mine really wants to go to the US for
Uni, I keep telling her it will have to be a fully funded grant!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy