Old 27-08-2013, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Thunder on the right!

On 2013-08-27 20:29:11 +0100, David Hill said:

On 27/08/2013 18:03, Sacha wrote:
Thunder and now rain - no lightning yet. Stair rods of water bouncing
off the greenhouse roofs, so I hope everything in the garden soaks it
all up and has a lovely, refreshing drink.

No thanks Sacha, please keep it down there,
I've spent almost 5 hours yesterday and a further 2 hours this
afternoon watering and feeding the dahlias out the field, that seems to
be a problem with pots and coir,.
David from a pleasant, dry side of Swansea Bay.

Hope you get your wish, David. The very heavy rain stopped after about
10 minutes. Ray came in soaked just getting from house to car to house!
Then we had a steady but fine rain for about an hour. Both were
welcome in terms of freshening up the gardening and meaning there's
less watering outside tomorrow on the Nursery. Matthew drove back from
Plymouth this afternoon, before the storm reached us and said that, at
one point, the windscreen wipers couldn't cope and it was almost as
black as night.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com