Old 31-08-2013, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Starry night

On 2013-08-31 09:16:22 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme said:

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:48:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

It was stupendous last night.

Not for people like me who live in areas where the street lights are
left on all night for the paranoid !

Steve

I'd find it very difficult to sleep. Last year we were at a hotel in
Cornwall where car park lights shone into our bedroom, despite the
curtains and blinds. I asked if they could be switched off and they
were. I was very grateful because mmy first night's sleep was really
disrupted. It's pitch dark here at night and other than my London days
in the 60s, I've never lived anywhere with street lighting on at night,
so I don't adjust too well. Other people have the opposite experience
when they visit and find the silence and darkness almost unnerving,
until the owls start up! Perhaps we need a campaign for the Protection
of Misguided Moths! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com