Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Gardeners World

On 2013-09-01 10:34:19 +0000, Jake said:

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:59:32 +0100, "Trevor Appleton"
wrote:

For the last 17 years since Geoff Hamilton sadly departed this world, our
household expression for watching GW at 8.30 on a Friday has been putting
'Geoff' on. No one could replace him and certainly not Titch or Toby, or
even Montys first charge of the helm.

However I can finally now say that I feel we have someone I like equally as
much as Geoff - good old Monty!!

I really tried to like Monty, at least his incarnation 2. But if I
want to be preached at, I'll go to church! I no longer watch the
program. I used to record it just to watch Carol Klein's bit but now
find, without the interesting "wrap" either side of her segment, her
exuberance is a bit too much to handle.

But those who are "on" Twitter, might care to follow the hashtag
#shoutyhalfhour while the programme's on air. The discussion is often
illuminating and entertaining, especially if Monty digs a hole!

Thank God for Beechgrove!

Is that what the "shouty half hour" is all about! I did wonder but have
never explored further. I'll take a look!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com