Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default OT David Frost

On 2013-09-01 23:40:10 +0100, David Hill said:

On 01/09/2013 23:26, Gary Woods wrote:
Sacha wrote:

It's stange to think that someone who was such a TV giant as he has
gone, working up to the very last.

I remember fondly "That was the week that was" and the satirical
songs that
accompanied it.
(Strolls offstage left humming "We Will all go together when we go,"
about
WW3).

The singer was Millicent Martin

I remember her clearly but not singing Tom Lehrer, though maybe that was
how I first encountered his songs. I've always loved them and have them
on my iTunes list.

Tom Lehrers' songs used to crop up frequently on Children's favourites
and house Wife's Choice
I don't think that Millie sang his songs

I think he was basically a nonentity who hung around long enough to
become a national treasure. Through the Keyhole showed how low he was
prepared to go